Science of Agriculture Challenge
Fun to do and easy to join
Did you know agriculture connects to all parts of our daily lives? Agriculture is a key part of the technology you use, the clothes you wear and the food you eat. It also plays an important role in careers, environmental studies, healthy living, animal safety and much more!
We're looking for youth in grades 6-12 who want to explore agricultural related topics and share their problem-solving ideas. You don't need to be in 4-H already to join this challenge.
What is the Science of Agriculture Challenge?
It's a hands-on learning experience to inspire the next generation of agriculture leaders in Minnesota. Teams of 3-5 youth in grades 6-12 work with volunteer coaches and mentors to create projects and build solutions. As a team, you'll identify agriculture-related issues in your community, develop solutions and share your projects with your community. Each summer, teams present their ideas to a panel of industry expert judges at a state competition. Each member of the top three teams receives a scholarship of $400-$1,000!
- Already have your team? Here's the form for coaches to fill out.
- Don't have a team yet? Sign up!
- Questions? Contact Michael Compton
- Feb. 1, 2018: Final team registration deadline
- April 14, 2018: State regional showcases (required for all teams)
- June 20 -21, 2018: Science of Agriculture Challenge competition at Carlson School of Management