4-H Shooting Sports National Championships
All Minnesota 4-H Shooting Sports & Wildlife members in good standing and meeting the criteria below are eligible to compete in the National 4-H SS Championships. Official 4-H enrollment is required.
- Age requirements: Participants must be 14 years old by Jan. 1, 2017 and no older than 19 by Jan. 1, 2018.
- Youth must have participated in the 2017 Minnesota 4-H SS&W Invitational in the discipline they would like to be involved in at Nationals.
The event will be held in Grand Island, Nebraska, June 24-29, 2018. Estimated cost per person will be $800. A $350 non-refundable deposit will be required by Jan. 15, 2018. The remaining amount of $450 is due by May 15. You will likely need a minimum of $200 to cover personal expenses such as food and incidentals.
The selection process for teams:
- Scores in the discipline from the 2017 Minnesota 4-H SS&W Invitational (if scores are the same, the oldest youth will go).
- Senior youth who have never gone to Nationals.
- Senior youth who have attended Nationals in the past.
- Intermediate youth who have never gone to Nationals.
Oct. 4: Deadline for Minnesota 4-H Shooting Sports members to indicate their interest and discipline.
If you are interested in this event, please fill out this form.
Nov. 15: Minnesota 4-H Shooting Sports members will be notified of their team membership.
Jan. 15: Deadline for qualified members to submit their down payment.
May 1: Information will be sent to team members about the schedule, bus transportation, etc.
May 15: Final payment due.
June 24-29: National Invitational event
Other shooting sports pages of interest:
- 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships website
- Shooting Sports & Wildlife Invitational
- Shooting Sports & Wildlife Project
- Shooting Sports & Wildlife certification and training
To get involved with the Minnesota 4-H Shooting Sports program, contact Minnesota 4-H.
4-H Youth development educator