Train the Trainer: A 4-H Dog Project Leader Training Workshop
This is only for youth leaders of high school age and adult leaders who train in county programs - not for youth leaders/parents who want to experience more of the Minnesota 4-H Dog Project.
The Minnesota State 4-H Dog Project Development Committee is sponsorng training for the trainers.
Recommended for all trainers to attend.
April 28-29, 2018
Redwood Falls Armory, Redwood Falls, Minnesota
May 5-6, 2018
Wadena County Fairgrounds, 4-H Building, Wadena, Minnesota
Pre-register deadline: APRIL 20, 2018
Who can attend?
Open to 4-H Dog Project trainers, potential trainers, youth (high school age) and adult leaders.
Your Dog is welcome to attend since we will need a few dogs to work with throughout the weekend. Please remember to bring your dog's vaccination record, kennel, leashes, and dumbells (if appropriate) along with your dog.
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Youth Development – Saturday
- Where to find resources and official state information – Saturday
- Safety in classes – Saturday
- Dog body language basics – Saturday
- Dog bite and safety information programs – Saturday
- Special Ed and differently challenged kids in your classes – Saturday
- Obedience – Saturday (classes repeat Sunday)
- Rally – Saturday (classes repeat Sunday)
- Agility – Saturday (classes repeat Sunday)
- Agility – Class structure (sequences vs. courses) and designing or finding courses for class (design principles and safety considerations – Saturday evening
- Showmanship – Saturday evening
$35 – One Day
$60 – Both Days
Includes continental breakfast and lunch