Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF)
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) is an educational conference for high school youth, aged 14-18, to learn about the legislative branch of the United States government and build leadership and civic engagement skills.
Held at the National 4-H conference Center near Washington, D.C., participants will engage in workshops and simulations, tour historical landmarks, and meet with Minnesota's congressional offices, all while meeting youth from across Minnesota and the U.S.
Minnesota participants (called a delegation) will travel to Washington, DC, June 23-30, 2018.
Registration will open Feb. 1 and close when all spaces have been filled, or by Feb. 28, whichever comes first. The cost of this experience is $1600 and can be paid in installments. A $400 deposit is required at the time of registration.
*Note: This experience is under program review and may experience changes, including being offered only in even numbered years. Please plan accordingly.
- Who can attend
- How to apply
- What youth do
- Other frequently asked questions
- Feb 1, 2018 - Registration opens at 10 a.m.
- Feb 1-28 or until all spots filled - registration will remain open
- $400 deposit must be submitted with registration
- Registration must be submitted via postal mail.
- Participation is first come, first serve, so submit your application early!
- Feb 28, 2018 - Final day to register and pay deposit (spots may fill before this date)
- Feb 28, 2018 - Chaperone applications due
- Mar 15, 2018 - Chaperones notified of selection status
- Apr 30, 2018 - Final payment of $1200 due for youth participants, $500 for chaperones
- May/Jun 2018 - Mandatory pre-departure online webinars for all participants, dates TBD
- Jun 23-30, 2018 - Pre-trip meeting and travel to Washington, DC
Apply now for CWF
- Application form and process for youth delegates (670K DOC)
- Adult volunteer opportunities and application form (934K DOC)