Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF)
Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) is an educational conference for high school youth, aged 14-18, to learn about the legislative branch of the United States government and build leadership and civid engagement skills.
Held at the National 4-H conference Center near Washington, D.C., participants will engege in workshops and simulations, tour historical landmarks, and meet with Minnesota's congressional offices, all while meeting youth from across Minnesota and the U.S.
Minnesota participants (called a delegation) will travel to Washington, DC, June 23-30, 2018.
Registration will open Feb. 1 and close when all spaces have been filled, or by Feb. 28, whichever comes first. The cost of this experience is $1600 and can be paid in installments. A $400 deposit is required at the time of registration.
*Note: This experience is under program review and may experience changes, including being offered only in even numbered years. Please plan accordingly.
Learn more about CWF (PDF)
- Jan 10, 2018 Application information posted
- Feb 1, 2018 Registration opens - want a reminder? Let us know here.
- Registration form and $400 deposit due
- Participation is first come, first serve, so submit your application early!
- Feb 28, 2018 Final day to register and pay deposit (spots may fill before this date)
- Feb 28, 2018 Chaperone applications due
- Mar 15, 2018 Chaperones notified of selection status
- Apr 30, 2018 Final payment of $1200 due for youth participants, $500 for chaperones
- May/Jun 2018 Mandatory pre-departure online webinars for all participants, dates TBD
- Jun 23-30, 2018 Pre-trip meeting and travel to Washington, DC
Interested in more information? Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.