Annual account to offer scholarships up to $200 for southeast residents to attend conferences and workshops.
SE RSDP scholarships have made it possible for citizens to attend workshops and forums across a wide range of topics affecting environmental, social and economic sustainability. They have gained empowering information and tools that will help to address needs in their own communities. Many of the workshops have addressed topics that cross all three areas of environment, social and economic sustainability.
- Clean Energy Resource Teams 2018 Statewide Conference
- Food Safety Modernization Safety Act train the trainer
- Whitewater State Park teacher watershed workshops
Annual accounts to provide sponsorship funds for events we are directly involved in organizing.
- FEAST Local Food Network – SERSDP sponsored the fourth-annual FEAST Local Food Festival and Trade Show held in December 2017 at the Rochester Civic Center. SERSDP is a member of the FEAST Local Food Network, which grew out of a collective impact process hosted by the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation and Renewing the Countryside.
- Region Nine Development Commission – Food Producer Network
- Region Nine Development Commission – Broadband Summit
- Southeast Minnesota Together – a regional collaborative network established in early 2015 to create opportunities for smaller communities to develop and utilize cross-regional relationships and strategies to address the labor force shortage. SERSDP is now coordinating and acting as institutional host for the group which is currently supporting activities in work/labor force development, transit, diversity, marketing and housing that pose particular challenges for small communities. SE MN Together continues to build regional focus and commitment by actively testing an on-going structure.
- SNAP-Ed – Chef Jorge honorarium for SE MN cooking classes
- Upper Midwest Hazelnut – Annual Meeting
- Clean Energy Resource Teams – 2018 Statewide Conference