Southeast Natural Resources projects
The SE RSDP Natural Resources Work Group is committed to projects that will help to ensure southeast Minnesota is an area where clean water, diverse natural systems and healthy soils coexist with productive farms, industry and vibrant communities. It will be a region where land and water stewardship support a healthy economy and landscape.
Our priorities for 2015 - 2016 include:
- Encouraging collaboration between organizations, institutions, and local units of government to work effectively on water and natural resource projects that improve water quality as well as economic viability.
- Promoting planning policies and strategies within local units of government that address the needs of growing communities from a natural resources perspective.
- Promoting research, understanding and use of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for farming, urban and lakeshore land use.
- Preventing pollution of groundwater.
- Lake Pepin Legacy Alliance Outreach Video
- Zumbro Watershed Partnership - Educational/Recreational Sites
- National Trout Center projects
- Sustainability Library
- Forest Ag Education/Mark Shepard Bus Tour
- MN River Watershed Reorganization
- Worth of the Woods
- Hokah Natural Resources and Recreational Sites
- Project Get Outdoors
- Managed Forest Land Property Tax Outreach
- Earth Partnership for Schools Summer Institute for Teachers
- North American Owl Center Economic Feasibility Study
- Profile of International Festival of Owls Attendees