Red River Canoe & Kayak Excursions
Project file & link
Canoe and Kayak Excursions on the Red River. Each excursion has a different main topic. Some topics are History of Saloons on the Red River, Ecosystem Scavenger Hunt, Bird Watching, and Fishing.
- City of Moorhead Park Department
- Clay County Historical and Cultural Society
- Audubon Dakota
- Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Six excursions were scheduled, each with a specific theme.
- Nearly 70 people participated in the excursions.
- We had a lot of novice canoe and kayakers. They were able to get on the river and learn about a topic that either they were interested in, or to learn about something new.
Through our excursions the participants were able to learn and see first hand about the wonderful qualities that the Red River has. Between the birds and wildlife, plants and trees, and signs of history dotting the riverbanks, participants were able to look at the Red River in a way they really hadn't seen before.
Project Start Date: 5-1-2015
Project End Date: 8-27-2015
Last updated 2-18-2016