Growing Up Healthy in the Red River Valley
Our goals for the implementation phase of the project came from the interaction with mothers and care givers who participated in the Photovoice© planning processing. The three statements below describe the strategies and objectives for each of the three activities included in the implementation plan.
- Use the Photovoice© exhibit to engage community members in dialog to explore the issue of pesticide exposure, especially exposure of young children, and consider ways in which the community can respond.
- Provide training to raise awareness and provide knowledge base to public health workers so they have the capacity to share important and useful messages with mothers and caretakers.
- Increase access to locally grown pesticide-free foods in the region by supporting backyard and community gardens, CSA's and farmers markets.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Minnesota
- White Earth Tribal and Community College
- Quin Community Health Services Agency
- Immigrant Development Center
- Photovoice exhibit hosted in several communities and on-line.
Photovoice Exhibit Blog
- Curriculum development and training of over 200 public health professionals.
Growing Up Healthy in Red River Valley Materials
- Improved access to healthy, local foods through farm to school programs and farmers markets. Improved access to healthy, local foods through farm to school programs and farmers markets
Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Minnesota - Growing Up Healthy programLast updated 11-1-2007