Have a project idea?
Do you have an idea to improve sustainability in your community? We'd love to hear from you!
The University of Minnesota Extension Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (RSDP) support sustainable development throughout Greater Minnesota in the areas of agriculture and food systems, clean energy, tourism and resilient communities, and natural resources by fostering community-university partnerships involving education, research, and outreach.
Project Partnering Criteria
Project ideas are submitted to one or more of RSDP’s regional boards based on the location of the project. These project ideas are reviewed based on the following shared criteria. Individual regions might include additional criteria reflecting regional priorities.
- Community members identify project goals in one or more of the four RSDP sustainable development focus areas.
- The project involves meaningful roles for both local community members and University of Minnesota faculty, staff and/or students.
- The project engages diverse populations and advances new community collaborations.
- The project supports environmental, social and economic sustainability for public purpose or benefit. Project learning or actions will be shared.
- Community partners provide leadership and support throughout the life of the project.
- Priority may be given to projects that leverage funds or other contributions.
A bit more about how this works...
We’re all about partnership. Project partners receiving support from RSDP are asked to work in partnership with the regional Executive Director and board. We’d like to work with you to help your project succeed!
We’ll also ask you to provide information on your project’s goals and outcomes. We think that’s important to your project’s success, and we’re here to help you with that.
It’s important that the learning and outcomes from our projects are shared so other communities and community members can benefit from the work. We’d love it if you could note support from the RSDP in your region on any reports from your project. We’ll help you spread the word!
We bring a meaningful University of Minnesota contribution to all of our projects. What that support looks like, and how it fits with other project resources, can vary. In some cases, we may be able to offer partial funding for a project. There may also be cases where we request additional information, such as letters of support from other organizations, to help us make a decision.
We hope you’re encouraged to share your idea! Start the conversation by reaching out to the Executive Director in your region, or by submitting an Idea Brief below. A regional Executive Director will follow-up with you soon!
Contact your regional Executive Director:
Sample completed Idea Brief form:
Click on image to see full-size version.
Click here to submit an Idea Brief today!
OR contact your region's Executive Director for a postcard version of the form that you can mail in.
Once we hear from you, we'll be in touch soon!