Snap bean > Leaves > Distorted leaves
1 of 3
Bean Common Mosaic Virus, Bean Yellow Mosaic Virus and others
- Leaves are curled, mottled, and may be yellow
- Plants are stunted
- Pods can be distorted, blotchy with dark and light green, and in severe cases, have bronze blotchy areas
- More information on Viruses ...
2 of 3
- Leaves appear wrinkled and have a yellow tinge
- Young plants develop tan necrotic (sunken) spots on leaves
- Plant may be stunted
- PLH adults are lime green, slender, small (1/8 inch long), and wedge-shaped
- Leafhoppers are present from June-August
- More information on Potato Leafhopper...
3 of 3
Potato Aphid, Green Peach Aphid, Bean Aphid, and Soybean Aphid
Macrosiphum euphorbiae and Myzus persicae, Aphis fabae and Aphis glycines
- Feeding by larger numbers of aphids can cause curling, stunting, and wilting of leaves
- Feeding by small or moderate numbers of aphids usually does not cause visible symptoms
- Active during spring and summer
- Small insects (1/10th inch long), pear-shaped, usually greenish; clustered on underside of leaves
- More information on Aphids...