Garlic > Clove/bulb > Fuzzy growth on cloves/bulb
1 of 3
- Cloves have a blue-green fuzzy fungal growth
- Young plants are stunted, yellow, and wilted
- Infected cloves rot before emergence, resulting in poor stand establishment
- Plants remain weak and thin throughout season
- More information on Penicillium Decay...
2 of 3
- Bulb has white, fluffy fungal growth
- In severely infected plants, leaves may be stunted, yellow from the tip down, and die
- Small, hard, black poppy seed like fungal structures form on infected bulbs
- More information on White Rot ...
3 of 3
Fusarium basal rot
Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. cepae
- A white fuzzy growth can often be seen on the rotted basal plate
- Leaves turn yellow to brown from the tip down and wilt
- Red to purple discoloration may be seen on bulbs early in the season
- Bulb has watery brown decay starting at the base and extending up into the bulb
- More information on Fusarium Basal Rot ...