Mockorange > Flowers > Buds and petals are discolored or wilted
1 of 2
Pseudomonas syringae pv syringae
- Brown spots with yellowish haloes on leaves
- Spots may enlarge or grow together causing the leaves to turn black and die
- Young shoots and stems may be black and wilted
- Flowers and flower buds turn black and wilt
- More information on bacterial blight...
2 of 2
- Flower buds, petals, or entire blossoms turn tan to gray
- Flowers become covered with fuzzy gray colored fungal spores in wet weather
- Brown, round to irregular spots on leaves, often where petals have fallen
- Common during cool wet weather
- More information on Botrytis blight...