Make your own herb vinegars
Tarragon, dill, parsley, rosemary, thyme and combinations of herbs flavored vinegars enhance the flavor of salads, marinades and sauces. They are easy to make.
Follow these steps to make your own herb vinegar:
- Pick fresh herbs, before blossom and after the morning dew has dried.
- Wash herbs well under running tap water.
- Select glass jars or bottles that are washed and sterilized in simmering hot water for 10 minutes.
- Allow 3-4 sprigs of herb per 2 cups of vinegar.
- Store in refrigerator or a cool, dark place.
- Let set for 3-4 weeks to develop flavors.