If with a well-planned school breakfast program, you will still need to convince students, families, and the many layers of school staff that the program is worth promoting and participating in. Promote and increase participation in your school's breakfast program with these Project breakFAST Toolkit tools.
General Marketing Resources
Use these resources to market your school breakfast program.
- School Breakfast Expansion Communication Plan Form (DOC)
- School Breakfast Expansion Communication Plan Form — Example (PDF)
- How to Market School Breakfast to Increase Participation (PDF)
- Preparing an Elevator Speech (PDF)
- Benefits of Breakfast Talking Points (PDF)
- Addressing Staff Concerns (PDF)
- Addressing Parents’ Concerns (PDF)
Make a Difference Flyers
Use these flyers to tell school staff and parents how they make a difference for school breakfast.
- School Administration Makes a Difference (PDF)
- Foodservice Staff Members Make a Difference (PDF)
- Teachers and Coaches Make a Difference (PDF)
- Parents and Guardians Make a Difference (PDF)
Free and Reduced-Price Meal Promotion
Use these resources to promote free and reduced-price meals.
- Promoting Free and Reduced-Price Meal Applications (PDF)
- School Meal Assistance News Article or Parent Flyer (PDF)
- Tips for Promoting School Meal Assistance (PDF)
Customize one of these posters to market the availability of your breakfast program.
- Fuel Your Brain Poster (PDF)
- Grab and Go Poster (PDF)
- Morning Survival Kit 1 Poster (PDF)
- Morning Survival Kit 2 Poster (PDF)
- Morning Survival Kit 3 Poster (PDF)
Sample Marketing Tools*
- Sample Poster – Breakfast 2.0 (PDF)
- Sample Postcard (PDF)
- Sample Second Chance Breakfast Memo (PDF)
- Sample Twitter Promotion Flyer (PDF)
*These resources are published on this website with permission from the Cambridge-Isanti School.
Getting Started — Form a school breakfast team and map out your plan of action. Part of the Project breakFAST Toolkit.
Evaluation — Monitor your school breakfast program. Part of the Project breakFAST Toolkit.
Best Practices — Learn from other successful programs. Part of the Project breakFAST Toolkit.
Project breakFAST: The Final Report (PDF) — Get to know more about the Project breakFAST research study.