Skip to Main navigation Skip to Left navigation Skip to Main content Skip to Footer

University of Minnesota Extension

Extension > Family > Frequently Asked Questions About Copyright

Print Icon Email Icon Share Icon

Frequently Asked Questions About Copyright

Can I print and distribute copies of the articles, recipes, and PDFs on the Family Development website?

All material on the Family Development website is copyrighted by the University of Minnesota. You may print copies of an article or PDF for personal, family, or educational use. Making copies for profit requires prior permission; contact Heather Lee (, 612-624-8442).

Can I adapt the materials on the Family Development website?

Significant effort went into the development of the resources on this website and we are committed to keeping them updated. For that reason, we need to keep control over the content and overall look and feel of the resources. Contact the original author (visit the Staff Directory) or Heather Lee (, 612-624-8442) to request permission to adapt a resource.

Can I put an Extension PDF on our website?

While no one other than the University of Minnesota can put the PDF files directly on their website due to the copyright, we strongly encourage agencies to link to the resources on our website. Linking back to the home pages and/or direct URLs for PDFs will ensure that your website will always be linked to the most current version of the resource. Feel free to use the descriptions found on our website. If you choose to link to the PDFs directly, be sure to credit the creation of the resource to the University of Minnesota Extension.

  • © Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
  • The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy