Women in Ag Network events combine peer group discussion with formal class. All are welcome!
Where do I begin transition planning?
This interactive program is designed for farm family members of any age or generation and focuses on how to start the transition planning conversation.
When: December 14, 2017
Registration at 9:30, program from 9:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: St. Cloud Regional Extension Office 3601 18th St. S. #113; St. Cloud, MN 56301
Participants, working in family groups, will be involved in several fun, hands-on exercises to help them apply the key learning objectives from the workshop. These key topics will be crucial to the farm family beginning the discussion around developing their farm business transition and succession plan.
You will learn to:
- Understand and apply intergenerational communication through a communication self-assessment exercise.
- Understand farm management concepts to transfer labor, income, management and assets with an exercise utilizing a business assessment tool.
- Understand retirement considerations for the senior generation.
- Determine the financial viability of the farm business.
- Develop prioritized goals for the farm business transfer process.
Cost and registration
Cost: $20, includes lunch and workbook
Register by December 6, 2017.
For more information, contact Megan Roberts, meganR@umn.edu or 507-398-6722.