Tomato > Fruit > Cracks in fruit
1 of 2
- Affects fruit only
- Dry cracks in concentric circles or extending outward from the stem
- Common when water levels vary from irrigation or drought followed by rain
- Common with rapid fruit development in high temps and high humidity
- Common in large tomatoes and heirlooms
- More information on Growth Cracks...
2 of 2
- Affects only fruit
- Tomatoes tend to be more flat than round
- Bands of dry beige corky scar tissue on the bottom of the fruit
- Fruit may be several separate lobes instead of one globe
- Fruit may contain cavities
- Common if temperatures are low for several days when plants are young
- More information on Catface...