Purple Cone Flower (Echinacea) > Spots on leaves
1 of 2
- Powdery, fluffy white spots and blothces on leaves, stems, and flower parts
- Tiny black round spheres may be visible within white spots late in the season
- Spots typically start on lower leaves but can spread to cover the entire plant
- Severely infected leaves may be completely covered in white or grayish white fungi
- In some cases, leaves become curled or twisted or turn yellow due to the infection
- More information on Powdery Mildew...
2 of 2
Septoria Leaf Spot
- Irregular purplish black leaf spots, often with one side flat along a leaf vein
- Mature leaf spots often have gray center
- Leaf spots typically start on the lower leaves but can spread to the entire plant
- Leaves with many appear completely black, dried up and tattered
- In severe infections all of the leaves of the plant will appear black
- More information on Septoria Leaf Spot...