Are you interested in getting trained to use the RentWise curriculum? Are you a human service provider, landlord, volunteer, or teacher looking to educate individuals on being a successful renter? If so, then the RentWise Train-the-Trainer Workshop is for you!
RentWise is a comprehensive curriculum intended to be taught in one-on-one or group settings to individuals who would benefit from additional education and skills to become a successful renter.
By attending a RentWise Train-the-Trainer Workshop, you will:
- Get an overview of the RentWise curriculum, including finding out more about the program goals, target audience, theories, and research.
- Explore all three RentWise units. (See more at RentWise Curriculum.)
- Review what is needed to facilitate the RentWise program, including how to use the facilitator’s manual, workbook, participant folder, handouts, and supplemental materials.
A certificate of completion will be available after the workshop.
See the following information on the upcoming workshop or contact us to arrange a workshop in your area.
University of Minnesota Extension Center for Family Development is offering the following RentWise Train-the-Trainer Workshop.
- February 7, 2018
- 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Heinz Center (1926 Collegeview Rd E, Rochester, MN 55904) — HA134
- $120 for the first person within an organization, which includes the cost to access the online educational package as well as lunch. For additional people within the same organization, the cost is $30 (which also includes access to the online educational package and lunch).
- Other Info:
- We ask that organizations select one person to complete the registrations for everyone within that organization. This will help ensure that the organization gets charged correctly for the people attending.
To share this opportunity with your colleagues, see the related flyer: RentWise Train-the-Trainer Flyer (PDF).
RentWise Curriculum — Get lesson plans, participant resources, and more in this renter education curriculum.
Renter 101 Online Course — Access this free online course to learn how to better navigate the rental process. Take-and-teach resources are included for organizations to adapt the course to an in-person setting.