This is part of the complete Dollar Works 2: A Personal Education Program package.
Unit 3: Making a Spending Plan
The goal of this unit is to help the learner make a plan for spending for one month.
After developing a spending plan, the learner will be able to:
- Identify three ways a spending plan will be helpful.
- Track their spending for one week.
- Show whether or not income and expenses are in balance.
- Change their spending plan if income changes.
- Guide to Teaching Topics and Action Pages (204 K PDF)
- Additional Resources and Information (204 K PDF)
- List of Terms (268 K PDF)
- Making a Spending Plan (372 K PDF)
- Poverty Income Guidelines
- 3-1: Keeping Track of Your Spending: English (205 K PDF) | Spanish (238 K PDF)
- 3-2: Spending Plan
- 3-3: Spending Plan Example
- 3-4: Spending Plan — Short Form: English (222 K PDF) | Spanish (277 K PDF)
- 3-5: Planning for Financial Change
- 3-6: Poverty Income Guidelines (2009)* English (227 K PDF) | Spanish (269 K PDF)
Learner Feedback and Evaluation (220 K PDF)
Find out more about Dollar Works 2:
*Updated versions of the Dollar Works 2 Action Page 3-6 are available online: