Combine tortillas, refried beans, and vegetables for this festive pizza. This is a great recipe to make with your kids.
Number of Servings: 10
Serving Size: 1 prepared pizza
Non-stick cooking spray or vegetable oil
1 package flour tortillas, 10 count
1 15-ounce can refried beans
1 15-ounce can pizza sauce
1 8-ounce package mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
2 cups leaf lettuce, shredded
1 tomato, chopped
Time needed: 15 minutes preparation; 10 minutes cook time
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray non-stick vegetable cooking spray on a flat metal (cookie) sheet.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray or rub it with vegetable oil.
- Place the tortillas on the sheet, oil side down. Use more sheets if needed.
- Spread 1/4 cup refried beans all over each tortilla.
- Add 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on top of the beans.
- Put cheese on top. Add other toppings (see “Tips and Variations”) if desired.
- Bake the pizzas for about 10 minutes until they are bubbly and a little brown.
- Take pizzas out of oven and put shredded lettuce and tomatoes on top.
- Serve with salsa.
|Total Fat:||7.5 g|
|Saturated Fat:||3.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate:||28.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||4.4 g|
|Total Sugar:||5.1 g|
Allergens: Soy (check cooking spray label ingredients)
Tips and Variations
Use whole wheat tortillas to increase the nutritional value.
Pizza is a great way to add vegetables to your meal. Add other toppings cut into small pieces, such as peppers, onions, broccoli (pre-cooked), corn kernels (pre-cooked if frozen), or black or green olives.
Make this recipe with your children. Each child can make his/her own pizza, or you can create an assembly line with each child completing one or more step (for example, sprinkling the cheese).
This recipe was developed by University of Minnesota Extension Center for Family Development staff.
Refried Beans — Make a big batch of homemade refried beans. It may take more time than opening a can, but it can help you save money at the grocery story.
Farmers Market Salsa — Turn fresh tomatoes, onions, and peppers and canned beans and corn into this delicious salsa. It's a great use for farmers market produce!
Pinto Beans Beef Tacos — Use a savory combination of beans, beef, and seasonings for a delicious taco filling. This recipe serves 12...think about trying it at your next family gathering!