Youth Engagement Matters
This course is based on the Rings of Engagement, which shows the range of youth engagement and youth-adult partnerships. It teaches four ways to engage youth:
- Participation in programs.
- Fostering individual passion through experiences and activities.
- Creating space and place for youth voice in programs.
- Collective action to make change with youth and adults as partners.
How it works:
- Available in 3, 6 or 18-hour formats.
- Review and discuss case studies from programs with high youth engagement models and strategies.
- Network with your colleagues.
- Critical readings and reflection time.
- Discussions about youth who do and don't participate in programs, why youth participate and how the youth engagement program models and strategies work in programs.
What you’ll have when you walk away:
- A deeper understanding of the Rings of Engagement structure.
- Case studies with models and ideas for your program.
- Engagement plans for working with young people.
- An understanding that "youth engagement is a lifestyle, not a method."
Who should attend: Direct service providers, part-time staff and volunteers
Contact: Nicole Pokorney
Available via contract using the following fee structure:
- $125/hour for teaching + 1 hour set-up/take down per session
- 15% income for administrative costs
- Cost of participant supplies in excess of typical training expenses (i.e., large quantities of printed materials)
- Round to the nearest $25, for example:
- 3-hour training - $575 + supplies
- 6-hour training - $1000 + supplies
To request this course in your area, contact us.
People who have taken this course say:
"It has absolutely challenged me to expand my thinking and practice of youth engagement. Thank you!"
"The "Rings of Engagement" model helped me understand how to think about youth engagement."
"It has provided me with another framework through which to view my work."