Program Quality — The toolkit session
A train-the-trainer session that can be used either to make immediate program changes or as a way to extend quality improvement efforts with new staff after the Quality Matters year-long series. This session is based on five Quality Matters tool kits, all of which use the Youth Program Quality Assessment (YPQA) to encourage concrete changes in practice.
How it works:
- Review the tool kits and how you might use them in your program
- Work in small groups to practice teaching the toolkit concepts
What you’ll have when you walk away:
- An understanding of behaviors or practices necessary to create high-quality programs
- Confidence to teach staff and volunteers the toolkit concepts
- Easy-to-implement ideas for daily program sessions
Toolkit topics include:
- Building reflection into daily program sessions (816 K PDF)
- Youth voice and engagement (637 K PDF)
- Program planning and structure
- Reframing conflict
- Providing a welcoming and engaging atmosphere
Who should attend:
Direct-service providers, volunteers, coordinators, and supervisors in the youth development field.
To request this course in your area, contact us
People who have taken this course say:
"Effective facilitation style! Thanks! Helpful tools/activities that can actually be used right away."
“This workshop gave me a lot of usable tools that I can employ in my current programs.”