Intentional Program Design Matters
This course introduces the concept of intentionality as a structure for creating new "architecture" in a youth program. Examine how a program's intentions can work well with positive youth development principles. Participants will learn about effective program design and discuss ideas and options for how and why we develop program structure. A program design audit and redesign plan is included.
Participants can expect to:
- Explore the structure and schedule of your program.
- Discuss best practices for programming with other youth professionals.
- Make a plan to redesign your program.
What you’ll have when you walk away:
- An understanding of 3 different ways that can be used to structure your program.
- Worksheets to guide decisions about redesigning your program.
- Engaging activities to do with your staff to improve your program.
Who should attend: Program managers and directors
To request this course in your area, contact us.