Dilemmas in Youth Work
Youth workers face challenging situations they are required to address in their daily work with young people. In this class, participants will dig into the sticky challenges and issues of youth work and examine various ways to respond to real-life problems in their program. Available in 3 or 18-hour formats.
Participants can expect to:
- Explore dilemmas identified by youth workers in a national research study.
- Get to know the most current research on youth worker expertise.
- Work together with peers to develop strategies for addressing dilemmas that meet the needs of youth.
What you’ll have when you walk away:
- Practical preparation for facing challenging situations.
- Ways to respond to dilemmas in youth-centered ways.
Who should attend: Direct service providers
Contact: Kate Walker
Cost: Available via contract using the following fee structure:
- $125/hour for teaching + 1 hour set-up/take down per session
- 15% income for administrative costs
- Cost of participant supplies in excess of typical training expenses (i.e., large quantities of printed materials)
- Round to the nearest $25, for example:
- 3-hour training - $575 + supplies
- 6-hour training - $1000 + supplies
To request this course in your area, contact us.
People who have taken this course say:
"Loved all of it! Sure to change the way I think about youth and how I work to best meet their needs especially in tough situations."
"This was directly related to the work I do and it helped me to really look at the impact my decisions have."
"It was good practice for me to think about the complexities of dilemmas from many perspectives. Thank you!"
"This training allowed me to enhance my skills and learn new ways and strategies of dealing with real life youth dilemmas. Thank you very much!"