Dilemmas in Youth Work Online
Youth workers face challenging situations they are required to address in their daily work with young people. In this class, participants will dig into the sticky challenges and issues of youth work and examine various ways to respond to real-life problems in their program. Online activities include both organized group time and self-paced learning.
How it works
This online course is designed so that participants can learn, apply and share information as a group, but do most of it on their own time. Participants are expected to complete 2-3 modules on their own time each week in addition to attending live webinars. The modules include live webinars, pre-recorded presentations and forum discussions.
Participants can expect to
- Explore dilemmas identified by youth workers in a national research study.
- Get to know the most current research on youth worker expertise.
- Work together with peers to develop strategies for addressing dilemmas that meet the needs of youth.
- Prepare for challenging situations.
- Discuss ways to respond to dilemmas in youth-centered ways.
- Explore articles, videos and websites.
- High-speed Internet access
- Current version of Flash Player
- Mozilla Firefox Internet browser
- Computer speakers
Who should attend
Primarily for front-line youth workers and their supervisors. A basic knowledge of youth work or experience as a youth worker is expected.
To request this course, contact us.