Culturally Responsive Youth Work Matters
This class examines the creation of inclusive youth programs. Participants will explore cultural identities and examine how they affect interactions with youth. Culturally responsive practice creates a sense of belonging and empowerment in young people.
How it works:
- Available in 3, 6 or 18-hour formats.
- Creates a safe place to share personal experiences.
Participants can expect to:
- Explore cultural identities and approaches to working with young people.
- Explore ideas for more inclusive youth programs.
- Walk away with a new perspective on groups or cultures that are different than your own.
- Get a better understanding of your own biases and how they influence your work with young people.
- Participate in experiential activities designed to help you understand the world through the lens of other cultures.
Who should attend: Youth development direct service providers, volunteers, coordinators, supervisors, stakeholders, managers, directors, and whole organizations.
To request this course in your area, contact us.
People who have taken this course say:
"It helped to reinforce my understanding of dealing with cultural diversity and gave me new ways of looking at complex situations."
"You provided information that was directly relevant. I wish more staff from my program had been here."
"The presentation style was great! This has potential to change the world in a very positive way."