Andrea Ruesch Regional 4-H Scholarship
Application deadline: March 5, 2018
This scholarship is for high school seniors and first-year college students currently enrolled in 4-H. Applicants must be from one of the following nine counties: Chippewa, Cottonwood, Jackson, Martin, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Rock or Watonwan.
The family of Andrea Ruesch established a 4-H scholarship in memory of her dedication and contributions to the Minnesota 4-H program. Based on the family’s belief in positive youth development, the focus of this scholarship is on demonstrated learning through hands-on experience and using what you have learned to help others (youth leadership). A minimum of four scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded annually. The scholarship award check will be made payable to the institution that the recipient is attending, not to the recipient, but can be mailed to the recipient’s address.
Candidates must submit the following:
- Andrea Ruesch 4-H Regional Scholarship application
- 4-H story. This will be a part of the application.
- Individual photo of you (black and white or color, between 2 x 3” and 4 x 5”). The photo will not be returned.
- Two typed letters of recommendation from two adults other than a family member or the 4-H program coordinator) who can attest to your 4-H involvement and leadership. The writer (i.e. past and present 4-H leaders, fair board member, teachers, pastors, youth worker, etc.) should indicate in the letter how long they have known you, reflections from your educational experiences and the leadership qualities they observe in you.
- A copy of your high school transcript or unofficial college transcript.
Application materials (typed application, typed 4-H story, two typed letters of recommendation, photo, and your transcript) must be received by email, mail or hand delivery to the Extension Regional Office in Worthington by Monday, March 5, 2018.
Attn: Sharon Leopold
Extension Regional Office - Worthington
1527 Prairie Drive Worthington, MN 56187
firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-372-3900, ext. 3901