David E. Pace and Valerie Halverson Pace Leadership Scholarship
Application deadline: Postmarked by April 1
A one-time $1,000 scholarship awarded annually to either an entering accepted freshman or a continuing sophomore. Awarded funds must be applied toward educational expenses at an accredited college or university in the United States.
This scholarship is designed to award youth based on their leadership experiences in 4-H, school and community as well as overall 4-H achievements, career goals and future leadership potential. The review committee will evaluate applications based on their scholastic achievement, financial need, 4-H involvement/leadership and community leadership experiences.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Pace Leadership Scholarship application (PDF)
- Official high school transcript (if current high school senior) OR official college transcript (if applying as a college freshman)
- Letter of recommendation from an academic advisor
- Letter of recommendation from a UMN Extension educator, 4-H program coordinator orvolunteer leader. Letters must be from non-family members.
- One individual photo of applicant (black & white or color). The photo will not be returned.
Award notices will be distributed in June. The scholarship award check will be made payable to the institution that the recipient is attending, not to the recipient, but can be mailed to the recipient’s address.
Attn: Scholarship committee
475 Coffey Hall
1420 Eckles Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-612-624-2116