4-H Adult Scholarship: Workforce Re-entry
Application deadline: April 1
This scholarship is for adults who are training or retraining at an institution of higher learning in preparation for re-entry into the workforce or to facilitate a job transition. $2,000 is given annually and is split between two recipients or given to one recipient.
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be prioritized by the selection committee.
- Applicant has been a 4-H member for a minimum of five years and/or a 4-H adult volunteer for a minimum of two years.
- Applicant is/will be 30 years old or older by Jan. 1 of the calendar year in which the scholarship is
- Applicant has not received this scholarship before.
- Applicant is not an employee of the University of Minnesota Extension.
Scholarship recipients will be expected to provide a written statement of their accomplishments related to the scholarship award which will be shared with the donor. The statement should include:
- Plans that demonstrate long-term goals and accomplishments
- Practical and doable plan of action
- Action plan rationale
- Unique opportunities and circumstances
The scholarship award check will be made payable to the institution that the recipient is attending, not to the recipient, but can be mailed to the recipient's address.
Attn: Scholarship committee
475 Coffey Hall
1420 Eckles Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-612-624-2116