AMC 4-H Community Leadership Award
Application deadline: January 17, 2014
Do you have a 4-H club that has worked hard on a community service or leadership program over the last year? Would they like to be recognized by county commissioners from throughout Minnesota and receive $250 for their club?
If the answer is yes then they should be thinking about applying for the 2013 Association of Minnesota Counties 4-H Community Leadership Awards.
The Extension Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) will select two projects that will each receive $250.
Every year, the Extension Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) selects two 4-H club projects to receive awards of $250, in recognition for their contributions and service to their communities. These projects must have responded to real community needs, have had a great impact, and been driven by youth. The awards will be presented at the annual AMC Legislative Conference in February.
To recognize 4-H clubs and other organized 4-H youth development programs for outstanding contributions and service to their local communities.
- The service or leadership project must be organized by a recognized 4-H club or other recognized 4-H youth development program.
- Project must engage a large segment of the 4-H club or group and not just a few individuals or families.
- Project must have responded to real community need(s).
- Project must have been active and had impact during the 2013 calendar year.
- Youth must be involved in significant leadership roles in the project, including in the selection of the project.
- Project must demonstrate impact.
Application materials required
- AMC 4-H Community Leadership Award application form
- Executive summary of your project
- Letter of support from a county commissioner or other community leader verifying he completion and effectiveness of the project
- Completed application packet (23 K PDF) (38 K DOC)
- Deadline: January 17, 2014 at 4 pm
AMC - Toni Smith
125 Charles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55103-2108
Phone: 651-789-4335 FAX: 1-651-224-6540
The awards will be presented during the AMC Legislative Conference in February 2014. Four members of each winning project will be invited to the event to receive the award. One youth is typically asked to make a few brief comments when accepting the award. The AMC Award is a great opportunity for counties and regions to recognize its 4-H members.
Questions? Contact Toni Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-651-789-4335.