Exploring the Supply and Demand for Community Learning Opportunities in Minnesota
Ann Lochner, Gina Allen and Dale Blyth
Download entire document (PDF)
Each section is in a smaller PDF below.
Dear Fellow Minnesotans
- Time use
- Activity participation
- Program quality
- Program characteristics
- Community satisfaction
- Program options
- Desired programs
- Greatest need
- Reasons to participate
- Parent feelings about value
- Youth opinions about participation
- Difficulty finding things for youth to do
- Difficult times
- Difficulty finding high quality characteristics
- Appendix A: Why out of school opportunities matter
- Appendix B: Methodology Report
- Appendix C: Additional table data
All Work and No Play?
This study was the impetus for the survey of Minnesota parents and youth.
Journeys into Community (PDF)
Vision and recommendations from the Minnesota Commission on Out-of-School Time.
Literature Review: Initial Findings (PDF)
Narrative for Exploring Supply and Demand for Out-of-School Opportunities in Minnesota.
Literature Review: Complete Bibliography (PDF)
Exploring Supply and Demand for Out-of-School-Opportunities in Minnesota.