4-H state fair participant resources
Resources for you to use before and during the state fair will be posted on this page as they become available. Please check back often to get the latest information.
2017 rules and premiums - posted June 9, 2017
State Fair Guide (information for any 4-Her attending state fair)
Keep up with what's happening
We have lots of ways! Here's a how-to-stay-connected sheet.
4-H at the Minnesota State Fair app
Download our free app to your smart phone for judging results, public schedule, all Minnesota 4-H livestock show announcements and an interactive map. You can even watch our 4-H live cam 12 hours per day during the fair on your phone.
This app integrates all state fair exhibitor announcements for beef, dairy, sheep and all other 4-H projects.
(exhibits in the 4-H building)
4-H exhibits are divided into four encampments (groups) by county. Schedules will be posted when available.
- Schedule for participants by county posted May 4, 2017
- Project judging schedules for all encampments
Encampment 1 | Encampment 2
Encampment 3 | Encampment 4
- Full day by day schedule of fair activities (includes pre-fair, post fair and all twelve days)
Demonstration, Youth-in-Action and illustrated presentations - posted on August 22
Chef-for-a-Day - cook-off teams and schedules
Unloading, parking and directions
- General transportation information; Vehicle parking and unloading, bus driver instructions
- Territorial Hall directions, driving and campus maps
- Livestock Show Ring Attire: NEW in 2017
- Livestock Encampment transportation: Wednesday livestock load-in process, 4- ring assignments for livestock load-out, county load-out procedures, busing from livestock encampment lodging, overnight camping
- 4-H Interview process for all species
- Forage, bedding & equipment
- Beef exhibitor info sheet
(For full information, see the premium book)
- This year's livestock judges
- Speaking up for Animal Agriculture - overview and schedule
- Building success with Speaking Up for Animal Agriculture - tip sheet
Livestock judging contests
- Position statement on multi-county Knowledge Bowl and Livestock Judging teams
- 2017 Dairy Coaches Letter
- 2017 General Livestock Judging teams coaches information: Final schedule, grades, classes, scoring