Employment opportunities with Urban 4-H
Urban 4-H currently has no jobs available, but check community job openings for other employment opportunities in youth development .
Volunteer opportunities with Urban 4-H
All applicants must be screened before being placed into their roles and identified as 4-H volunteers (this includes chaperones). The screening process includes:
- Completion of a volunteer application
- Completion of a background check
- Completion of orientation survey
- Completion of an interview by 4-H staff
- If you are interested in starting your own 4-H Club, we can help you get started. Club leaders are expected to guide a positive, youth-driven learning experience for young people. You will guide meetings led by youth, help youth plan yearly club programs, guide youth officers, inform youth and families of 4-H activities and responsibilities, attend volunteer leader meetings and trainings, and recruit new members.
- Program assistants help to plan or deliver Urban 4-H youth groups. These groups, which occur during nonschool hours in both school and community-based settings, allow youth to explore a variety of interests through hands-on learning experiences. Activities may include 4-H project development, enrichment activities, homework help, state or county fair preparation, recreation, and field trips.
- Project leaders share their interests and skills (e.g. photography, rocketry, computer science, performing arts) with a small group of youth and possibly adult volunteers. Demonstrations may be over a period of weeks or only one time, lasting from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- There is really no limit to the opportunities we have available for volunteers. Do you have a skill you would like to share, either with young people, or behind the scenes? Are you only available to help out at one-time events? Let us know! Together we can create a volunteer experience that is both meaningful for you and beneficial to our youth.
For questions or an application please contact:
Contact us:University of Minnesota Extension
Center for Youth Development
Urban Youth Development Office
90 Coffey Hall
1420 Eckles Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55108-6116