4-H at the Minnesota State Fair
August 27 to Labor Day, September 7, 2015
General information, daily schedules and policies
Go to state fair resources.
- Read more about Minnesota 4-H. To join, contact your local county Extension office.
Friday, August 22
* 7:30 a.m., Market beef show & dairy steer show -- Warner Coliseum
* 8 a.m., Dairy & market goat show & showmanship – AgStar Arena You can also watch the Dairy Goat Show live online 8:30 a.m., Swine Shows -- Swine Barn, east and west arenas
* 9 a.m., Rabbit consumer education -- Open Class Sheep Barn
* 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dairy interviews – West end of Dairy Barn 10:30 a.m. Poultry consumer education – Sheep & Poultry Barn
* 11:30 a.m., Arts-In performance -- 4-H Building * 1:30 p.m., Beef Championship Event -- Warner Coliseum
* 2 p.m., Rabbit Quiz Bowl -- 4-H Building 2 p.m. Chef for a Day Cook-off – 4-H Building 3:30 Arts-In performance – 4-H Building
* 4:30-9 p.m., Sheep Show: Market lambs & breeding ewes – AgStar Arena 5 p.m. Arts-In performance – 4-H Building
* 7 p.m., Poultry demonstrations and judging contest -- Sheep & Poultry Barn 7:30 p.m. Arts-In performance – 4-H Building
Saturday, August 23
* 8-11 a.m., Market and Breeding Rabbit Show -- Sheep & Poultry Barn
* 8-11 a.m., Lamb Lead Fashion Show -- Swine Barn * 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Beef Showmanship - Southwest side of Warner Coliseum
* 8:30 a.m., Chicken BBQ Contest – DNR Park * 9 a.m., Dairy Show – Warner Coliseum
* 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Sheep Showmanship -- Swine Barn * 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Rabbit Showmanship -- Sheep & Poultry Barn
* 5 p.m., Arts-In performance -- 4-H Building
* 6 p.m. Share the Fun Performance -- 4-H Building
* 6 p.m., State Fair 4-H Livestock Auction -- AgStar Arena
* 7:30 p.m., Arts-In performance -- 4-H Building
Download the 4-H at the Minnesota State Fair app to your smart phone for judging results, public schedule, all Minnesota 4-H livestock show announcements and an interactive map.
Watch 4-H shows live online!
State fair by the numbersLast year, 5,656 4-H'ers:
- Exhibited 2,673 projects in the 4-H Building
- Showed 2,862 livestock
- 299 took part in Arts-In performances
- Served (and ate!) more than 32,000 meals
One in five people who attend the state fair visit the 4-H Building -- that's more than 320,000 in 12 days!