4-H at the Minnesota State Fair
August 21 to September 1, 2014
4-H youth participate in the state fair to showcase the knowledge and skills they've gained throughout the year, and to continue their learning experiences. Read more...
General information, 4-H state fair schedules, state fair 4-H policies . Read more...
Friday, August 29
* 8 a.m., Lama Showmanship awards -- AgStar Arena
* 8:45 a.m., Project judging: Cats, Exploring the Environment, Electric, Flower Gardening, Food Preservation, Food Review, Needle Arts, Potato, Shooting Sports/Wildlife Management, Shop/ Wood Science, Veterinary Science, Water Wetlands, Youth Leadership -- 4-H Building
* 11:30, 5:00, 7:30 p.m., Arts-in Performance -- 4-H Building
* 12:15 p.m., Project Judging: Child & Family Development, Citizenship, Crop Science Corn, Dog, Fishing Sports, Food & Nutrition, Geospatial, Home Environment, Indoor Gardening, Pets, Self Determined, Fruit & Vegetable Gardening -- 4-H Building
*1:15 p.m., Rube Goldberg Machine Showcase
* 5:30 p.m., Project judging: Bicycle, Consumer Education, Creative Arts: Crafts & Fine Arts, Exploring Animals, Global Connections, Lawn & Landscape, Plant & Soil Science, Crop Science Small Grains & Legumes, Wildlife Biology -- 4-H Building
* 6:30 p.m., Fashion Review Show -- 4-H Building
* 6:30 p.m., Share the Fun Showcase -- 4-H Building, 2nd floor
Saturday, August 30
* 8:45 a.m., Project judging: Aerospace, Clothing: Clothes You Make & Clothes You Buy, Engineering Design, Community Pride, Health, Quilting, Robotics, Small Engines, Tractor -- 4-H Building
*11:30, 3:30, 5:00, 7:30 p.m., Arts In Performance
* 5:30 p.m., Project judging: Clowning, Computer, Entomology, Forest Resources, Geology, Performing Arts, Photography, Safety, Video -- 4-H Building
Download the Minnesota 4-H at the State Fair app to your smart phone and get judging results, public schedule, all Minnesota 4-H livestock show announcements and an interactive map.
Download the iPhone app
Download the android app
State fair by the numbers:
5,752 youth exhibitors
2,844 4-H building exhibits
295 Arts-In participants
2,885 livestock shown
More than 30,000 meals served to 4-H youth and staff
There are more than 320,000 visitors to the 4-H Building, which is one in five of all people who attend the state fair!
2014 county fairs
MN4H is on Twitter!
Join our conversation about 4-H at the Minnesota State Fair! 4-H'ers are tweeting about what they are learning and doing every day at the fair. Read our Twitter feed and be impressed! Be sure to check out our Twitter walls in the 4-H Building, and in the Cattle Barn during 4-H livestock weekend, August 21-24.