Program planning tool for 4-H volunteers (risk management)
Minnesota 4-H is committed to providing safe and healthy environments for youth and adults participating in 4-H programs and activities.
About this page
Using the Overall risk management policies and practices, answer the following risk management questions as you plan 4-H programs.
- What are the requirements for youth participation?
- What are the requirements for volunteer participation?
- What are the supervision requirements?
- What are the guidelines for adult/youth interactions?
- What are the scheduling requirements?
- What are the medical and emergency procedures that need to be in place?
- What are the requirements or limitations for the 4-H outings and activities that are planned?
- What are the requirements for use of facilities?
- If an overnight event, what are the requirements for room and sleeping arrangements?
- What are the transportation requirements?
- What are the requirements for serving or selling food?
- What insurance coverage is needed?
- In addition to the general program policies and practices listed above, use the Information Sheets in Step 3 when planning 4-H programs and activities.
- What additional questions do you need to discuss with your County 4-H Program Coordinator?