Wildlife Biology Project
Discover Minnesota's diverse wildlife habitat in prairies, forests, wetlands or your own backyard. Learn about wildlife populations, diversity, the elements that impact their habitats, and how to become a steward of the land. Activities may include tracking wildlife, building nesting boxes, and exploring careers such as wildlife biologists and naturalists.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Shooting Sports & Wildlife instructors must be certified. This is a weekend training designed to cover the needed knowledge and rules to become a certified instructor in one discipline: Archery, Muzzle loading, Shotgun, Air Rifle/Air Pistol/.22 Rifle, Wildlife and Coordinator. It covers life skills, state regulations, and content skills needed for each of the six disciplines. More info.
Project Bowls are an exciting way for youth to explore a project area. Teams compete in quiz competitions with questions about specific project areas. Project Bowls are available for Dairy, Dog, General Livestock (Beef, Sheep & Swine), Horse, Poultry, Rabbit and Wildlife projects. Winners of the Regional Bowls advance to the State Bowl. More info.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Wildlife Biology Project resources
Project leader resources
- Wonderwise (Women in Science Learning Series)
Other online resources
- Science Buddies
- Kids planet
- Biology 4 Kids
- Wildlife International
- Fishing in Minnesota
(Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources)
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Parks & Trails TV - Minnesota
- MinnAqua DNR fishing education
- News from the University of Minnesota Dept. of Fisheries, Wildlife, & Conservation Biology
- Colorado 4-H Sportfishing Library
- Developmental stages of fish in 3D (University of Washington)
- Fish posters of the world
- American Sport Fishing Association
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- North American Native Fishes Association
- American Fly Fishing Trade Association
- American Fisheries Society
- Take Me Fishing
(Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation)
- Fishing Fun
- Fish games and quizzes
- Minneapolis Parks and Recreation
- I can fish
4-H Youth record keeping
- Wildlife biology evaluation sheet (39 K PDF)