Small Engines Project
Lawn mowers, go-karts and ATVs all run on small combustion engines. Learn about internal and external engine parts, tools, rules and regulations, safety issues, and career possibilities. Troubleshoot problems with a small engine, rebuild it and operate it safely.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Small Engines Project resources
Beginning to learn about small engines:
- Small Engines 1 - Crank It Up (40 pages) - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Some experience with this project:
- Small Engines 2 - Warm It Up (40 pages) - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Looking for a challenge:
- Small Engines 3 - Tune It Up (40 pages) - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Project leader resources
- Small Engines - Helper's Guide (40 pages) - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Small Engines - (set of 4) - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Small engines evaluation sheet (39 K PDF)