How does electricity work? Build circuits and test voltages. Learn about wiring, lighting, safety issues, and more. Activities may include building a rocket launcher, burglar alarm, flashlight, compass, electromagnet or electric motor.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Electric Project resources
- Electricity 1 - Magic of Electricity ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Electricity 2 - Investigation Electricity ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Electricity 3 - Wired for Power ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Electricity 4 - Entering Electronics ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Discover 4-H Planet Energy Clubs (Free)
Electricity curriculum plus five other energy club curricula available. Rregistration (is safe and) is required for download access.
- Electricity Excitement - Helper's Guide ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Electricity Excitement - Set of Five ($19.25 40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project meeting outlines
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Electric evaluation sheet (42 K PDF)
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.