Youth Leadership Project
Build relationships, develop communication techniques, and strengthen your organizational skills. In this project, find the leader within you and make a positive impact in your club, home, school or community.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Building Leadership and Understanding (BLU) is an exciting and fun leadership adventure. More than 400 youth from across Minnesota come together to learn and practice valuable leadership skills that they will use in their communities throughout their lives. More info.
Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Out Loud! is an annual statewide, four-day leadership conference with group discussions, workshops, service opportunities, challenging speakers and hands-on activities designed for youth. More info.
CWF is a citizen and leadership event for high school youth from across the United States. Youth learn about government, the legislative process, meet with elected officials and visit many national monuments and historical sites in Washington D.C. More info.
The National 4-H Conference is a working conference in which youth and adults, at the invitation of the Secretary of Agriculture, assist in the development of recommendations to help guide 4-H Youth Development Programs nationally and in their communities. More Info.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Youth Leadership Project resources
Beginning to learn about youth leadership:
- Step Up To Leadership - My Workbook (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall
Some experience with this project:
- Step Up To Leadership - My Journal (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall
Looking for a challenge:
- Step Up To Leadership - My Portfolio (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall
Project leader resources
- Leadership - Mentor Guide 1 (Gr 3-6) (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall
- Leadership - Mentor Guide 2 (Gr 6-12) (40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall
- Leadership - Set of 5 (40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall
Other online resources
- Youth Leadership Initiative
- Youth Leadership Opportunities in Minneapolis
- National Youth Leadership Council
4-H Youth record keeping
- Youth leadership evaluation sheet (39 K PDF) Revised April, 2010