Through citizenship education and leadership activities, the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors contribute meaningfully to 4-H and to their communities.
2017-18 Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors
Any Minnesota 4-H youth who has completed at least the tenth grade and is eligible for 4-H through the term ending in June 2018 may apply. Previous participation in activities conducted by State Ambassadors, such as BLU and YELLO! is helpful, but is not required.
Ideal skills of applicants
The Minnesota 4-H State Ambassador program is a youth development program that strives to exemplify the ultimate in youth citizenship & leadership in Minnesota. Those interested in applying should:
- be interested in developing and/or enhancing skills related to leadership such as conflict resolution, facilitation, teamwork, decision-making, respect, and communication; and
- be able to accept and incorporate constructive criticism to enhance skills; and
- be willing to explore and apply diverse concepts of citizenship; and
- have basic skills in teaching others, facilitating discussions, and public speaking.
The State Ambassador program is a time-intensive program and requires full participation to build relationships with team members, plan for events, and be prepared for State Ambassador activities. The program begins in late July 2017, and will conclude in mid-June 2018.
- To be a positive role model to and representative of all youth involved in Minnesota 4-H;
- To participate fully in all required State Ambassador activities (see included schedule);
- To actively promote inclusion and respect for diversity within 4-H programs;
- To uphold and abide by the Minnesota 4-H Code of Conduct throughout the duration of one's appointment as a State Ambassador, inside and outside of 4-H events;
- To be prompt in response to emails and/or phone calls from advisors;
- To be responsible for providing or arranging personal transportation to all activities/events;
- To be open-minded and willing to try new things;
- To be willing to engage in a youth-adult partnership model of leadership.
Once appointed, failure to uphold these expectations may jeopardize your opportunity to complete the State Ambassador term.
Apply now to be a 2018-19 State Ambassador
Applications for the 2018-19 Minnesota 4-H State Ambassador team are now being accepted. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on May 21.