Keep yourself safe and help others stay safe, too. Learn about safety for water, fire, electricity and recreational vehicles (bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, jet skis, boats, etc.). Identify farm hazards and make them less dangerous. Make a first aid kit or a winter survival kit.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Safety project resources
Beginning to learn about safety:
- First Aid In Action ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
Looking for a challenge:
Project leader resources
Project meeting outlines
Other online resources
- American Red Cross
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- American Optometric Association
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
- Kids.gov Health and Safety
- FBI Kids Safety Tips
- National Highway and Transportation Safety Administration Bicycle Safety
- National Weather Service Lightening Safety
- Danger Rangers
- National Fire Protection Association – Sparky the Fire Dog
- National Crime Prevention Council – McGruff the Crime Dog
- Main American Red Cross – Plan & Prepare
- Safety Kids
- National Safety Council
- United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Snowlink National Ski Patrol – Skiing and Snowboarding Safety
4-H Youth record keeping
- Safety evaluation sheet (PDF)
To get involved with the 4-H Safety Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.