Keep yourself safe and help others stay safe, too. Learn about safety for water, fire, electricity and recreational vehicles (bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, jet skis, boats, etc.). Identify farm hazards and make them less dangerous. Make a first aid kit or a winter survival kit.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Safety project resources
Beginning to learn about safety:
- First Aid In Action ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Farm Safety 4 Just Kids
- 4-H ATV Safety
- ATV Safety - Minnesota DNR
- Boat & Water Safety - Minnesota DNR
- Snowmobile Safety - Minnesota DNR
- Firearm Safety - Minnesota DNR
Looking for a challenge:
Project leader resources
Project meeting outlines
Other online resources
- American Red Cross
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- American Optometric Association
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
4-H Youth record keeping
- Safety evaluation sheet (38 K PDF)