Keep yourself safe and help others stay safe, too. Learn about safety for water, fire, electricity and recreational vehicles (bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, jet skis, boats, etc.). Identify farm hazards and make them less dangerous. Make a first aid kit or a winter survival kit.
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Level 1 learning goals:
Learn the importance of first aid as well as techniques for taking care of cuts and scrapes, nosebleeds, stings, burns, and other concerns.
- First Aid In Action - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Level 2 learning goals:
Level 3 learning goals:
Other online resources
- American Red Cross
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- American Optometric Association
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
- Kids.gov Health and Safety
- FBI Kids Safety Tips
- National Highway and Transportation Safety Administration Bicycle Safety
- National Weather Service Lightening Safety
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.