Tractors are an essential part of Minnesota's agriculture industry. Learn about safe handling, maintenance, restoration and operation, including parts of the tractor, fuels, engine operation, hydraulic and electrical systems, and safety.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Tractor Project resources
Beginning to learn about tractors:
- Small Engines 1 - Crank It Up - Find this in the 4-H Mall
Some experience with this project:
- Small Engines 2 - Warm It Up - Find this in the 4-H Mall
Looking for a challenge:
- Small Engines 3 - Tune It Up - Find this in the 4-H Mall
Project leader resources
- National 4-H tractor contest
- Small Engines Group Helper's Guide - Find this in the 4-H Mall
- Small Engines - (set of 4) - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Agricultural tractors and machinery
Other online resources
- Tractor evaluation sheet (38 K PDF)
To get involved with the 4-H Tractor Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.