Lawn & Landscape Design Project
Discover how to grow and care for your lawn, shrubs, and trees. Design a landscape plan. Learn the soil conditions for grasses, ground covers, shrubs, and trees; how to mow, water, fertilize, and control weeds and pests in your lawn; and how to start a lawn service in your community.
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Other online resources
- Choosing Landscape Evergreens
- Common Questions about Wildflowers and Native Plants
- Landscaping Septic Systems
- Recommended Trees for Northwest and Central Minnesota
- Insect and Mite Galls
- Establishing and Maintaining a Prairie Garden
- Plants in Prairie Communities
- Turf Patch Diseases
- Pruning Trees and Shrubs
- Recommended Trees for Northern Tallgrass Prairie
- Watering Lawns and Other Turf
- Ground Covers for Rough Sites
- Verticillium Wilt of Trees and Shrubs
- Fitting Trees and Shrubs into the Landscape
- Protecting Trees and Shrubs Against Winter Damage
- Native Trees for Landscape Use
- Thatch Control in Lawns and Turf
- Minnesota's Native Plants
- University of Minnesota gardening
- Junior Master gardening
- Garden Minnesota
- Garden forum website
- Gardening Association
- National Junior Horticultural Association
- New Jersey Weed Gallery
To get involved with the 4-H Lawn & Landscape Design Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.