Consumer Education Project
You need to manage money throughout your life. Improve your money management skills and become a more informed consumer. Learn to distinguish between wants and needs, identify, set and evaluate goals, track expenses and income, and more.
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Level 1 learning goals:
Know what it means to be a consumer and to make wise use of resources, set goals, work with others.
- Consumer Savvy 1 - The Consumer In Me - Find this in the 4-H Mall
Level 2 learning goals:
Make wise decisions, problem solve, practice critical thinking and self-responsibility.
- Consumer Savvy 2 - Consumer Wise - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Level 3 learning goals:
Understand where our goods come from, decide what factors are important to you in purchasing goods and services, develop awareness of advertising tactics, practice managing resources.
- Consumer Savvy 3 - Consumer Road Map - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Financial Champions - Money FUNdamentals - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Consumer Decision Making Judging Reasons score sheet (PDF)
- Financial Champions - Money Moves - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Project leader resources
Record keeping & evaluation
To get involved with the 4-H Consumer Education project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.