Forest Resources Project
Explore different types of trees, what forests need to grow and thrive, how to care for trees and conserve forests, and how we depend on and benefit from trees and forests in our world.
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Camp counselor training is designed to provide the skills and knowledge to be an effective camp counselor and leadership team member. Training topics include: role of camp counselor, theme and program development, recreation leadership, group facilitation, conflict resolution, outdoor environment and nature programming, and much more. More info
- Dates vary by county and region. Check with your county offices for dates and locations.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Level 1 learning goals:
You will learn to identify different types of trees and tree parts, characteristics of different forests, what forests need to grow and thrive and the different products people get from trees and forests.
- The National 4-H Forestry Invitation on Youtube
- Forests of Fun curriculum
- Forestry 1 - Follow the Path - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Forestry - Helper's Guide - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Forestry - (set of 4) - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Level 2 learning goals:
You will understand the inner workings of trees, recognize different types of forest change and their impacts. You'll be able to identify different types of forest products and the health benefits forests have on people.
- Forestry 2 - Reach for the Canopy - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Level 3 learning goals:
You will be able to identify trees, understand forest management and develop the skills to conserve a forest and keep it healthy. You'll learn to identify different types of forest products and recognize the global significance of forests.
- Forestry 3 - Explore the Deep Woods - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Advancing In Forestry: 4-H Forest Resources Advanced Guide
Other online resources
To get involved with the 4-H Forest Resources Project, contact your county 4-H office.
All resources on this page have been reviewed by our faculty and included for their educational value. No endorsement is intended or implied. Minnesota 4-H does not profit from the inclusion of any commercial project resources.