Exploring the Environment Project
Explore forests, fields or streams, ecosystems, wildlife and biodiversity, "leave no trace" camping and hiking skills, and how to be a good steward for the environment.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education. More than 7,000 4-H youth will have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performing arts, Arts - In performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Exploring the Environment Project resources
- Exploring Your Environment - Eco-Wonders - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Exploring Your Environment- Eco-Actions - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Outdoor Adventures 1 - Hiking Trails - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Outdoor Adventures 2 - Camping Adventures - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
- Outdoor Adventures 3 - Backpacking Expeditions - Find this in the 4-H Mall.
Traveling Trash Trunks
Three 30-minute lessons focus on the topics of garbage, resource recovery, landfills, and groundwater. Traveling Trash Trunks are filled with curriculum ideas, hands-on activities, books, music, and videos. These interactive, comprehensive lessons are designed for youth ages 5-12. Trash Trunks are loaned out at no charge. Call Ramsey or Washington County to arrange to borrow a Trash Trunk.
Ramsey County: 1-651-266-1194
Washington County: 1-651-430-6655
Project leader resources
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
To get involved with the 4-H Exploring the Environment Project, contact your county 4-H office.