Tell your story on video! Learn about video production and filmmaking, including composition, camera and lighting techniques, editing and more. You may choose to use multiple cameras and even assemble a whole production team.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Minnesota 4-H Arts-In is an eight-day intensive arts experience. Youth prepare a musical to perform during the Minnesota State Fair, getting experience in performing arts, including singing, dancing, acting, instrumental accompaniment, costume design, set construction and technical work. Each year, 4-H State Arts-In youth perform at least 40 shows to 12,000 audience members in the 4-H building on the fairgrounds.
Participants continue to work on goals while putting on several daily performances, and play leadership roles for 4-H members and act as representatives for 4-H building visitors. More info
- 4-H State Arts-In: Show development - August 2013 - 4-H building, Minnesota State Fairgrounds
- 4-H State Arts-In performances - August 22 - September 2, 2013 - 4-H building, Minnesota State Fairgrounds
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info
- August 22 to September 2, 2013 - 4-H building, Minnesota State Fairgrounds
Video Project resources
- 4-H Filmmaking DVD ($11.95) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Filmmaking Tips (220 K PDF)
- 4-H Film Making Studio
Project leader resources
- Photography & Video Medal ($2.65) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Video evaluation sheet (39 K PDF)